If this is your first time, you’re in for a treat. For the veterans, it’s that time to head to the historical location of Soldier Field in Chicago! You can dance on the field to your favorite DJs or enjoy the tunes from the bleachers. Spring Awakening is just 10 days away! Not only are we excited about the branded stages, the diversity of genres and the lineup, but my favorite thing that returns is the silent disco! You can’t beat literally dancing to your own set as outsiders watch and question what is it you are listening to based on how you boogie.
Some things that you may want to bring because we all know that when we don’t come prepared and see others that are, we wish we were them.
1. Earplugs. Super important to protect your ears! No one wants to have ringing ears for the next week let alone not be able to hear. We all are here for the main reason and that’s to listen to the beautiful music. You don’t want to have hearing problems down the road because that would just suck if we couldn’t properly hear the one thing we enjoy and love.
2. Camelbak. STAY HYDRATED. Drink as much water as you can throughout the day because with all that dancing and the heat it is important to stay hydrated. If you don’t have a camelbak be sure to water have a bottle of water. If you’re drinking, I suggest a glass of water with each drink or rotate from water to drink.
3. Fanny Pack/Backpack. You don’t want to put stuff in your pocket because there’s the chance of it falling out, breaking, or getting lost. With a fanny pack or backpack you can put all the necessities that you need and not worry about carrying or losing them.
4. Baby wipes. We get sweaty, we get gross. No one wants to be that smelly, sweaty person dancing next to you. Baby wipes are an easy way to clean up and remain fresh. Not only for your personal hygiene but the porta potties usually always run out of toilet paper and this could save your trip to the bathroom.
5. Mophie Chargers/ external battery packs. Your phones WILL die. You’ll be annoyed and aggravated that you couldn’t record a song from a set or take selfies. These come clutch when you have them! Not only can you walk around while your phone is charging but it stays with you! You don’t have to worry about dropping it off at the charging station or waiting for it to come alive.
6. Sunscreen. Protect yourself from the sun. You don’t want to look like a lobster and definitely not a snake once you start to peel. Protect your skin and in years down the road, you won’t look like a bad leather bag.
7. Comfortable shoes. You’ll be dancing, walking and more dancing. DO NOT wear flips flops. You risk the chance of them breaking (I know from personal experience) and then you’re walking around on the hot cement burning your feet.
8. Money. You’re going to bet hungry and thirsty. Once you leave, you can’t come back in.
9. Have a festie bestie, take care of the people around you. If you see someone who maybe in need of help, lend out a hand, ask if they are ok or need some help.
10. Most importantly: Take some time to chill! Pace yourself. Eat, sleep, rave…and repeat the next day! Do not forget to eat, drink water, and sleep. You have 3 days to rock out and don’t want to be dead come the last day. Stay safe!
If you’re from Chicago, you understand this weather. Spring Awakening Music Festival will take place, rain or shine. Check the weather and be prepared. 10 days and counting! Get ready to make memories, dance and have an amazing time!
To get your blood rushing and ready, check out this mix Feature highlighting the exclusive 2015 SAMF Mix Series: