If this is your first time, you’re in for a treat. Being prepared or having an idea of what to expect can be a little overwhelming for newbies and not being prepared sucks. Spring Awakening is just a week away! Not only are we excited about the branded stages, the diversity of genres and the lineup, but my favorite thing that returns is the silent disco! You can’t beat literally dancing to your own set as outsiders watch and question what is it you are listening to based on how you boogie.
If you are traveling in from out of town like me you want to make sure that you packed properly. Check the weather and bring appropriate clothing. You don’t want to freeze your ass off or be soaked with wet clothes and not have an extra pair to change into before heading to the afterparty. Listed below are a few things I’ve learned over the years that have really helped my experience be amazing.
1. Camelbak. STAY HYDRATED. Not saying that you have to be the one to carry this, but maybe someone in your group. These come in clutch and are perfect for dancing around in. Drink as much water as you can throughout the day because with all that dancing and the heat it is important to stay hydrated. If you don’t have a camelbak be sure to water have a bottle of water. If you’re drinking, I suggest a glass of water with each drink or rotate from water to drink.
2. Earplugs. If you hang out in the back, no worries here but if you like to dance by those speakers for some bass, I suggest using a pair. Super important to protect your ears! No one wants to have ringing ears for the next week let alone not be able to hear. We all are here for the main reason and that’s to listen to the beautiful music. You don’t want to have hearing problems down the road because that would just suck if we couldn’t properly hear the one thing we enjoy and love.
3. Fanny Pack/Backpack. You don’t want to put stuff in your pocket because there’s the chance of it falling out, breaking, or getting lost. With a fanny pack or backpack you can put all the necessities that you need and not worry about carrying or losing them. Spring Awakening also offers day lockers that also have charging stations in them. You can secure your locker here.
4. Baby wipes. We get sweaty, we get gross. No one wants to be that smelly, sweaty person dancing next to you. Baby wipes are an easy way to clean up and remain fresh. Not only for your personal hygiene but the porta potties usually always run out of toilet paper and this could save your trip to the bathroom.
5. Mophie Chargers/ external battery packs. Your phones WILL die. You’ll be annoyed and aggravated that you couldn’t record a song from a set, take selfies or find your lost crew. These come clutch when you have them! Not only can you walk around while your phone is charging but it stays with you! You don’t have to worry about dropping it off at the charging station or waiting for it to come alive.
6. Sunscreen. Protect yourself from the sun. You don’t want to look like a lobster and definitely not a snake once you start to peel. Protect your skin and in years down the road, you won’t look like a bad leather bag.
7. Comfortable shoes. You’ll be dancing, walking and more dancing. DO NOT wear flips flops. You risk the chance of them breaking (I know from personal experience) and then you’re walking around on the hot cement burning your feet.
8. Money. You’re going to bet hungry and thirsty. Once you leave, you can’t come back in.
9. Most importantly: Pace yourself. Give yourself time to chill, step away from the madness, get in the shade and just breathe. Eat, sleep, rave, repeat! Do not forget to eat, drink water, and sleep. You have 3 days to rock out and don’t want to be dead come the last day. Stay safe and keep your body well nourished.
10. Don’t Get Stuck on the Mainstage. Festivals are sometimes where I discover new music. Get lost, and explore! Discover hidden stages, meet new friends, and go discover new artists you’ve never heard of. One of my favorite moments was my crew was going to the main stage at a festival and my one friends grabbed and and goes “No! We’re going to see My Nu Leng, I promise you won’t regret it!” At maybe one of the smallest stages of the festival, this was by far my favorite set of the weekend!
Bonus pointer: Make sure you check out a View from afar! I hate the crowds for many reasons but the best place to see a show is always a view from the back. It’s easier to find your crew in a designated spot in the back but most important you have all the dancing room you need while watching the amazing performance. Watch the crown dance as one while you enjoy the visual light and laser production. If you’ve never seen a show from the back, you will be amazed as to all the production that goes into them. You will appreciate them much more!
If you’re from Chicago, you understand this weather. Spring Awakening Music Festival will take place, rain or shine. Check the weather and be prepared. 7 days and counting! Get ready to make memories, dance and have an amazing time!
Desert Hearts Announces Haunted Hearts Los Angeles on Halloween 2018 w/ Damian Lazarus, Mikey Lion, Lee Reynolds, Marbs, and Porky
Dreamers, the time is here! The offical Trancegiving Lineup for Dreamstate SoCal is here. Dreamstate SoCal returns November 23rd and 24th! Layaway plans are available for this trance journey, deposits start at $24.99 for GA and $49.99 for VIP
Grab your tickets at socal.dreamstateusa.com/tickets
“I’m a sloth every day!”
Electronic Excursion is out now. You can order Hal Stucker’s amazing album here https://pure.choons.at/electronicx.
HARD Summer 2018 was better than ever. This year Insomniac has produced the best HARD to date. In true HARD fashion fans were treated to rap stars to EDM's best. Everything was new and refreshing. Fans traveled from everywhere across the nation to experience this legendary event.
Doors: 9 PM | No Dress Code | Ages 18+
This Liverpool born producer and DJ is bringing his unique funky beats to HARD Summer this weekend! Get to know him before you catch him at the Pink Stage this Saturday August 4th at 5pm -6:30pm.
Ready for the time of your life! LED presents Tramps Like Us is returning to the Valley View Casino Center in San Diego. Tickets are still available here. Your first look at the line up is below, it features Adventure Club, Ekali, Herobust, LSDREAM, Yultron and more.
Los Angeles' Belasco Theater w/ Support: Ardalan presents Ardy Pardy, Christian Martin, Human Resources, Kill Frenzy, Tim Engelhardt, WhoMadeWho, and Worthy
Plus: 12th Planet, Destructo, Gabriel & Dresden, Nora En Pure, Boombox Cartel, Alison Wonderland, Walker & Royce + many more at the Sam Houston Race Park, October 27 and 28, 2018.
If you're headed out to HARD Summer this weekend make sure to download the app to view the set times and map. But for your convenience we have included them both here! This year will feature a new layout, free water stations and shade structures. General parking is FREE. Tickets are still available, get them here!
Dreamers! The time has come to find your way back to trance heaven. Dreamstate SoCal returns November 23rd and 24th! A limited quantity of Early Bird passes are available now! More info, details and lineup will be announced August 20th at noon PT. Layaway plans are available for this trance journey, deposits start at $24.99 for GA and $49.99 for VIP
Grab yours at socal.dreamstateusa.com/tickets
The excitement is building up and TICKETS are selling fast!
Special Guests: The Glitch Mob and Getter, Along with Green Velvet Presents: La La Land, Latmun, Tiga, Boogie T & Squnto, DJSS, Yheti b2b Toadface, Kenneth Thomas, and Weiss and Over 70 Local Artists Added to the Lineup
It’s been a week since Colorado’s biggest music event - Global Dance Festival which took place at Sports Authority Field at Mile High from July 20th - July 21st for its sixteenth installment.
Nocturnal Wonderland is excited to announce their daily line up and their single day tickets! There is still time to purchase your tickets and camping passes. Don’t miss out on dancing the night away under the beautiful moonlit sky at the Glen Helen Regional Park in San Bernardino.
HARD Events has launched HARD Recs! This newly launched label is treating fans with a legendary first ever HARD Summer 2018 Compilation. In the compilation, it features 18 tracks from HARD veterans and newcomers alike.
TICKETS for the general public will be available on Friday, July 27th at 10 AM local time.
Introducing ‘Art of the Future’ - Over 14 Technology-Driven Immersive Art Installations + Final Set-Times Announced!
Plus Recondite LIVE, Adriatique, Patrice Bäumel, Hunter/Game, Roland Appel, Brian Cid, Robert Hood, Matrixxman and much more!
Headlined by Nightmares on Wax, Metro Area, Wolf + Lamb, Soul Clap, Nick Monaco, The Whooligan, Fitness & Pony and more!
TIMEWARP BRASIL || 2-3RD NOVEMBER 2018 || SÃO PAULO
Featuring: Benson, Breakbot, Conspiracy Crew, Dena Amy, DOORLY, Ekali, FISHER, Generik, Habstrakt, Holy Goof, KAYEX, Kyle Watson, Made in Paris, Miguel Campbell, Mija, Nora En Pure, Patrick Topping, Set Mo, and What So Not