Electric Daisy Carnival New York Review
Lights, EDM, action. Saturday May 23rd , 2015 marked the opening of Insomniac's famous Electric Daisy Carnival New York in East Rutherford, New Jersey at MetLife Stadium. Picture a festival of lights, expression, color, and euphoria: that's Insomniac's EDC 2015. According to Insomniac, there was over 100,000 attendees this year, that's a big improvement from 2012, when EDC only drew in 45,000 attendees. Walking into EDC again this year really make my heart burst with excitement; this is a bucket list festival. Memorial Day weekend is one to spend with family and friends, so why not do it at Electric Daisy Carnival? You have everything you need: good vibes, great atmosphere, amazing music, and breathtaking decorations. You won't experience the closest thing to magic until you're under the electric sky, around the positive energy and absolute euphoria. I still stand by myself when I say, Insomniac throws the best festivals, and Electric Daisy Carnival is by far the greatest. Electric Daisy Carnival New York was and will always be my favorite festival. Insomniac had some tremendous highlights when it came to success, my favorite include:
1) Transportation: Transportation was quick and easy. To avoid the parking fee, my group and I took the “EDC Shuttle” from Port Authority, NYC to MetLife Stadium for just $5.00. We paid our small fare and hopped aboard the magic vessel that was going to take me to the best weekend of my life.
2) Stages: The stages were mind blowing. Specifically, Insomniac brought the “Kinetic Cathedral”. Soaring at a dazzling height of over 90 feet tall, the stage was the most amazing one I’ve ever seen. The intricate detail of the EDC owls alongside the remarkable carvings of stained glass windows on a gray scale cathedral was genius.
3) Performers: Adding to the carnival ambiance, there were models, performers, and decorations galore. The colorful and excited staff “wow-ed” me with their energy. I took so many pictures, and these performers just added to my collection of my most memorable weekend.
4) Attendees: Electric Daisy Carnival in general brings in an amazing audience, but Electric Daisy Carnival New York definitely shines the brightest. Filled with beautiful people, every person I met went there for the music and fed off each others energy. I met zero people that weren't open to making a new best friend. Everyone's so friendly and ecstatic, it's hard not to have a smile from ear to ear on your face all day. Came alone? No problem, every attendee of EDC will make you feel welcome and right at home.
5) Hydration Station: You can tell Insomniac is concerned about the safety of their guests: the hydration stations were a tremendous highlight. Not having water was never an issue due to the convenience of the hydration station. There were multiple water pumps, so the line moved orderly and quickly. Room temperature water for ultimate hydration and health: warm water is easier to digest, and it is filtered through state-of-the-art systems, including UV sterilization.
6) Music: The music was of course, the best part of EDCNY 2015. With blended styles from Bassnectar to AfroJack, to Seven Lions to Krewella, even Flosstradamous to Armin Van Buuren, everyone had a music choice they could enjoy. I had chills vibing out to Jack Beats, shuffling around to AfroJack, jumping to LaidBack Luke, and going crazy for BlasterJaxx. The music makes me feel right at home. An energetic and crazy audience, you can tell everyone's there for the music.
Electric Daisy Carnival New York had a taste of everything for everyone. If you want a crazy, fun, gorgeous festival, EDC is the one for you. This festival brings amazing energy, great vibes, and an awesome time. Electric Vibes hopes to see you at EDCNY 2016.
By: Lauri Partanio
Photo Credit: Michael Poselski for PoselskiPhotography.com